Thank goodness God isn't like we are as Mom's sometimes...
"Momma!"
"What?" with irritation in my voice after being called for the umpteenth time...
"I just want to tell you I love you Momma."
Ouch. I have had that happen more times than I like to admit. :( Does God ever feel that way about us? No! Of course He doesn't! He loves it when we want to talk with Him! So why do we put God on the back burner? Why do we say "I will read my Bible later." Or "I will spend time with God later."
And later never comes...
How disappointing I must be to my Savior who died so I might live!
I have good intentions. I want to draw closer to God. I want to read my Bible daily. I want to be a better Mom. I want to be a better wife, sister, daughter, and friend.
So what stops me?
Is it the time? Is it the desire? Because I desire to be nearer to God. Or is it because I am afraid of what God might tell me I am doing?
Or not doing?
So many times I have let Satan have the best of me (or worst actually)...
From here on, I am going to do my best to be the Christian daughter God wants me to be. Of course I will fail at times. But I know Jesus will be there to pick me up, dust me off and put me back on the straight and narrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment