Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thoughts of Perseverance...

Lord, I believe You! I trust You to be my Protector and my Healer. I trust that You know what the future holds for us and You alone have the power to change Joe's heart and turn his life around. I believe You when You say Joe is coming home. Lord, give me the patience and strength to persevere through this storm knowing on the other side is a marriage restored in Your name! Thank You Lord for carrying me when it gets to hard to stand. I love You Lord. 

Several times in the last week "perseverance" has been the theme. The VeggieTales movie the kids decided to watch... in the Living Room... while I was cleaning the Living Room... in several (and I mean like 8!) emails I have received since Sunday... in some posts by my friends on Facebook...

Just coincidence? 

I don't think so. God shows me things He wants me to see, so often through emails and my kids. Lately, I have been letting the devil get inside my head. He is telling me Joe isn't coming home.

Why do I let the devil have that much control? 

Because he knows what buttons to push to make us doubt...

I am actively choosing to not react to the devil, instead reacting to the truths God has told me. I search the Bible when the devil starts trying to get his foot in the door.

God gives me a thought... 

If I struggle this much, how much more is Joe struggling by not having the Lord to turn to in his confusion? 

Pray for us, please... 

No comments:

Post a Comment